Villa Sonia is located in a quiet area near the town centre, right across the beach.
Distances between the building and outside facilities can be seen in the below table:
The location of Villa Sonia is ideal for those who wish to explore Crete, as the area provides easy access to both south, west and middle of the island and in the same time relax and enjoy a variety of activities. Our island is a magical location that can satisfy any desire. Whether you prefer organized or quiet beaches, archaeological sites and museums, romantic dinners, traditional taverns, cosmopolitan restaurants, or you are a fan of the extreme or water sports you can find it all here.
In the list below you can see just a small sample of the things you can do during your holidays.
Activities & Sightseeing:
- Shopping, cafes, restaurants on sight
- Bars & clubs 5mins walking distance
- Water park: just 10mins drive
- Cycling: 300m to rent bikes
- Traditional Villages (Koutouloufari, Piskopiano, Old Hersonissos) 2km
- Crete Auqarium 15mins walking distance
- Mediterranean Aquarium: 11,2km distance
- Water sports and scuba diving: on sight
- Boat trips & fishing: 200m from Villa Sonia
- Crete Golf course 7,4km
- Horse back riding: just 5 min drive
- Spinalonga and Plaka: 49,7km
- Lake Voulismeni at Agios Nikolaos 40,2km
- The Dikteon Andron Cave: 32,4 km from one of the most important and famous caves in Crete and in Greece.
- City of Heraklion where you can visit the Palace of Knossos, the Archaeological and Historical Museums, the Town Hall, the old Venetian Port and Castle “Koules”: 23-25km